Friday, December 4, 2009

My fickle favorite albums of the decade

I have a hard time answering the question "what music do you like?"  I usually avoid the question completley. But since its the end of the decade I decided I would try to put together a list (cause who doesn't enjoy a good list?).  If you asked me tomorrow this would probably look a little different, especially the lower ranking ones. All of these are albums that either are or were very important in my life in the last 10 years.
For the most part the order is based on importance to me, not what I think is a better album cause that's impossible to do.

22. Daft Punk- Discovery
21. Hot Chip- The Warning
20. Justice- Cross
19. M.I.A.- Kala
18. The Books- Thought For Food
17. Incubus- Make Yourself
16. The Postal Service- Give Up
15. The Clipse- Lord Willin'
14. The White Stripes- Get Behind Me Satan
13. 311-Transistor
12. Weezer- Green Album
11. Dave Matthews Band- Before These Crowded Streets
10. Jeff Buckley- Live At Sin-é 
9. Animal Collective -Feels
8. Animal Collective- Strawberry Jam
7. The XX- XX 
6. Radiohead- Amnesiac
5.5 Radiohead- In Rainbows
5. Radiohead- Kid A
4. Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
3. Thom Yorke- The Eraser
2. Elliott Smith- XO, Figure 8, Either Or, Elliott Smith.    Couldn't pick one over the other
1. Radiohead - Hail to the theif

No comments: