Tuesday, December 8, 2009

1977 Fischer MC-4000 Audio Component System for sale-100$






I picked this up for free at Goldmine vintage/design/ gallery on Main st. manayunk, along with a cool lamp that I bought.  The record player had a sign saying it was broken but I took it home and fixed it.  It also features an 8-track player, so you can be extra hip and ahead of the curve in a year when 8-track makes a comeback.  It also includes a mic which is for recording directly onto the 8-track tape.  Sorry I don't have and 8-track musical or blank to make sure this part works but I assume it does.  The player also has an automatic function which it says you can load up to 6 LP's onto the spindle and when one is done playing the arm swings away and drops the next record ontop and starts playing that one.  I tried it out and it almost works but fails to play the next record.  Something tells me it never worked that great anyways.  But the good news the radio and turntable work!!!  The needle sounds good but probably should be replaced cause it looks old.

Note:  you still need a set of speakers or headphones to listen to music as there is no built in speaker.  there are however speaker wires included.  Let me know if your interested.  I'd keep it but I have 2 already.


What you get. for 100$   

1977 Fischer MC-4000 Audio Component System
working turntable
working radio
probably working 8 track with record function and microphone
semi-working automatic record player function
speaker wires
removable dust cover
original users manual




I love lamp

No comments: