Saturday, November 14, 2009

the xx












I got to see my favorite new band from this year last night at the making time party at club voyeur, and they did not disappoint despite recently losing a band member they still rocked as a trio. We got close enough that they could have spit on me,( and I probably would not have cared.) I was pretty captivated by they're stage presence, for being only 20 they appeared very confident, probably because they know that the music they have created is pretty special. It was also nice to see hints of smiles come from the band members who for most of the time kept pretty serious faces.
I think they played pretty much every song from their album plus two covers, below is the original song they covered and then the xx's version. I don't think I have to say which I like better.

ps I kinda have a crush on the lead singer



The XX - 'Do You Mind?' (Kyla Cover)


No comments: