Sunday, November 8, 2009

birthday gift to myself

box has white on white logo, cant see i

patch thing






I decided to treat myself, when I was in six grade on my birthday I got my first cd player and I was allowed to get one cd. I heard the song intergalactic on the radio and knew I had to have that song. So I went to the b section of the cd aisles and picked up my very first cd, the Beastie Boys "Hello Nasty" to this day it remains one of my top 10 albums of all time. I remember how that shit smelled when I opened it, it was probably the sweet plastic smell of the Styrofoam packaging of my newly opened boom box but nevertheless I sat on my bedroom floor entranced on what I was hearing. What I was hearing was soo different from any music I had ever heard in 12 or so years of existence. Hello Nasty has never been hailed as the Beastie's best albums but to me it is. So when I found out they were reissuing a vinyl special edition of 1500 I had to have it.

No comments: