Tuesday, August 3, 2010

the Black Keys

I went to see the Black Keys this weekend with my roommate Jess.  The opening act was suppose to be the Morning Benders, a recent chart topper on my lastfm account.  So my heart sunk a little bit when we arrived to read a quickly made and hastily posted 8.5" by 11" piece of paper on the will call box that read the Morning Benders are unable to perform tonight due to illness.  But thankfully my heart got a lift when I read further down the note to see that Kurt Vile was their last minute replacement.  He has also been a recent favorite and he did not fail to disappoint, at least in my eyes.  I realized while watching him that I don't think I've ever been to a show where an opening act got more than half the attention of  25% of the crowd.  I realize its probably not who you're there to see but if the act you did come to see thinks the opener is worthy to share the stage with them then it might be worth giving them a chance at your ears or at least shutting the f*%k up.

No comments: