Friday, July 9, 2010

The Books- All you need is wall




I use music to get to certian emotional states.  to make me happy, dance, calm, forget, remember, imagine, lazy, energized, tired.  I think I have gotten pretty good at knowing what to listen to to get to any of these states instantly.  I think of it as self medication,  that's the great thing about music.  It gets you to those states of being faster than anything else.  It can be addictive but it has no negative side effects, except perhaps hearing damage.  The song above on the new Books album really gave me a buzz.  The book's music has always kinda made me slow down or speed up to get me to this kind of equilibrium.  I'm not sure if this is making sense to you, it does in my head at 2:30 am... but listen for yourself I hope you find its as beautiful as I do

2 comments:

Henry said...

hop in the booth. then talk to me.

Flâneur said...

I need to find this guy