Tuesday, June 29, 2010

augmented history


Whenever I am in a historical or old place I often try to imagine what was going on 20, 50,  100, 300, or 1000 years ago.  I think about who starred at the same bricks in wall while waiting for a carriage, who walked to work everyday leaving behind gently polished cobblestone trails, who jumped off this rock, who grabbed this handrail?  Were they murderers? lovers? soldiers? dancers? fathers? sisters? famous? boring? did they die feeling like they underachieved? Would they do things different?  I bet they wish they could be where I am at my age right now.  Maybe not but its fun to pretend.
A new Iphone app by the museum of London allows you to see all the way back to 1666.  By geo tagging historic photos and paintings you can "see the past" augmented with the present. 
via

1 comment:

Jillian Arciero said...

one of my favorite posts of yours so far.

but...i don't have an iphone